Recipe by Lennie
This restaurant recipe sounded unique and delicious to me, so I had to post it!
Top Review by Mona
I had forgotten all about this pie.A friend of my grandma gave me this recipe when I was just learning how to bake.The only difference is her recipe included 1 cup chocolate chips.And I always serve it warm topped with whipped creme.This is so rich and filling a small slice more than satisfies.Tastes like a cross between choc chip cookies and smores.Yummy!!!!!!
- 7 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell (frozen is fine)
- whipped cream
- banana, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg whites (unbeaten) and sugar by hand; stir in graham cracker crumbs, coconut and pecans until well-blended.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes, until glossy and set.
- Do not overbake.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving.
- When serving, top with whipped cream and banana slices.