Recipe by Annacia
This quick and simple recipe came from my pantry, freezer and fridge. In other words, what I had on hand. The first thing is to start the water boiling for the pasta and once you have that bubbling your no more than 20 mins from a delicious, family pleasing, meal.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
We enjoyed this, Annacia, very good. I didnt realise asparagus were out of season and hideously expensive, so I wrestled with my budget and decided to use zucchini, cut into batons, instead, please forgive me! I think that this would be great with asparagus! I did add a sprinkling of dried chilli flakes, simply because I enjoy them and thought it might be a nice addition, I liked it :). Otherwise as recipe, this was a good supper dish and I will most certainly make this again! Thanks for posting, made for PRMR tag game.
- 10 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 8 stalks asparagus, cut in 1 inch lengths (thin stalks preferred, can use more if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 (375 ml) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions on package, drain and set aside covered.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips while water is coming to a boil.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat, add chicken, cook 2 minutes or until golden brown and just cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Reheat frying pan over medium heat, may need to deglaze with a bit of water, add onion and garlic with a bit more oil if needed and cook until softened. Add wine and simmer 2 minutes, add asparagus, chicken stock, poultry seasoning, peas and evaporated milk, bring to a boil then reduce heat. Add chicken and pasta, stir and simmer 2 minutes or until heated through without overcooking.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Mix in the Parmesan. If desired sprinkle extra grated Parmesan cheese on top.