Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This quick and simple recipe came from my pantry, freezer and fridge. In other words, what I had on hand. The first thing is to start the water boiling for the pasta and once you have that bubbling your no more than 20 mins from a delicious, family pleasing, meal.
- 10 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 8 stalks asparagus, cut in 1 inch lengths (thin stalks preferred, can use more if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 (375 ml) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook pasta according to directions on package, drain and set aside covered.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips while water is coming to a boil.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat, add chicken, cook 2 minutes or until golden brown and just cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Reheat frying pan over medium heat, may need to deglaze with a bit of water, add onion and garlic with a bit more oil if needed and cook until softened. Add wine and simmer 2 minutes, add asparagus, chicken stock, poultry seasoning, peas and evaporated milk, bring to a boil then reduce heat. Add chicken and pasta, stir and simmer 2 minutes or until heated through without overcooking.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Mix in the Parmesan. If desired sprinkle extra grated Parmesan cheese on top.
We enjoyed this, Annacia, very good. I didnt realise asparagus were out of season and hideously expensive, so I wrestled with my budget and decided to use zucchini, cut into batons, instead, please forgive me! I think that this would be great with asparagus! I did add a sprinkling of dried chilli flakes, simply because I enjoy them and thought it might be a nice addition, I liked it :). Otherwise as recipe, this was a good supper dish and I will most certainly make this again! Thanks for posting, made for PRMR tag game.
We didn't much care for this dish. We found it was bland and uninteresting to us. I think it would be better if used with real cream, although I know evaporated milk was a must use ingredient forth contest. It is definitely worth playing with though! Thanks for posting!
We really enjoyed this tasty dish, arrrr, it had loads of flavor and was truly outstanding. I made this tasty dish exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. All the flavors complimented one another beautifully. Great use of contest ingredients. Good luck in the Contest.