Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
A grilled panini consisting of chicken, tomatoes, and cheese.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 16 slices oven-roasted tomatoes (Oven-Roasted Tomatoes)
- 1 cup baby arugula leaf, roughly chopped into 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 4 ounces asiago cheese, grated using the large holes of a box grater
- Preheat oven to 350°; wash and pat dry the chicken breasts; put chicken breasts on a foil-lined baking tray.
- Rub each with a teaspoon of olive oil; season with salt and pepper; bake 12-15 minutes until the breasts are opaque and firm to the touch.
- Slicing across the breast, cut the chicken into 1/8 inch slices.
- Preheat a panini grill.
- Slice off the domed tops of the ciabatta rolls; the rolls should now be about 1 inch thick; split the rolls horizontally.
- Cover the bottom halves of the ciabatta with an even layer of sliced chicken; follow with a layer of oven-roasted tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper before adding chopped arugula.
- Give each a squeeze of lemon juice and then top with a layer of grated asiago.
- Cover the sandwiches with the tops of the ciabatta and place, two at a time, in the preheated grill.
- They are done when you can smell the cheese, about 3 minutes.