1/1 Photo of The Amazing Waffle!
Light, fluffy and flavorful. It takes one more step and one more bowl to clean, but I think it's worth it :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant malted milk powder
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/8 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup club soda
- 1Melt the butter.
- 2Beat the egg whites until stiff, set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Whisk in the vanilla and buttermilk, then the melted butter.
- 4Sift the dry ingredients and stir into the egg yolk mixture. Add pecans and mix well.
- 5Gently fold the egg whites and the club soda into the batter. Do not over mix; batter should still have "ribbons" of egg whites when ready.
- 6Preheat waffle iron and spray with Pam.
- 7Cooking time will vary depending on your personal preference. I cook mine on level 4 of 6 for about five minutes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Amazing Waffle!
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.2
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 153.5 mg
- Sodium 742.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 10.7 g