Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is the best chocolate chip recipe I've found, and it came off the back of the store brand chocolate chips package from Albertsons.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- walnuts, if you want them
- Cream together sugars and butter until light and fluffy in large bowl. Add eggs one a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla, beat well.
- In a smaller bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add gradually to wet ingredients until completely combined. Stir in entire package of chocolate chips and nuts if you desire.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 F until browned, about 12 minutes.
So happy I stumbled across this! I used this recipe after buying the store brand chips and held on to the package after tasting the result. My favorite (homemade) chocolate chip cookie ever! However, I've since moved five times, and they've never been near an Albertson's. Thanks for posting. Going to make this tonight! :)