Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
IS SUPPER READY YET? This is for those days when you spend too much time fooling around on the computer OR "forget" to thaw something out for supper. Has been used successfully by this cook for nearly 3 decades
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Chop onion into medium pieces.
- Fry onion in melted butter.
- Quickly scan your recipes (or go on RecipeZaar) for something QUICK that you can make for supper.
- NOTE: The aroma of the onion & butter cooking will fool even the hungriest critic that supper, yes indeed, is cooking!
- My usual thing on "those" days when Time Got Away From Me is to fry the onions, add a pound of ground beef, and get a pot of water boiling. Then it's a toss-up between spaghetti or stroganoff.
This is a trick used by restaurants/diners. It whips the appetite and covers grease odors. Very effective!
Hehe, I've done this a few times before, sometimes with garlic over low heat instead - I figured I could always add the onion/garlic to whatever I decided on afterwards. ^_^
This is great! I'll have to try this next time I'm running late in the kitchen. You are obviously an experienced cook and I need to learn lots form you! =:)