1/1 Photo of The Adirondacker Burger
From Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces extra-sharp white cheddar cheese (shredded or sliced)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (a generous handful)
- 1/3 cup chives, finely chopped (a generous handful)
- 1/3 cup dill, finely chopped (a generous handful)
- 4 crusty kaiser rolls, split
- 1 bunch watercress or 1 bunch arugula, chopped
- 1In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the sirloin, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish; season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties. Heat the bacon fat in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef patties and cook, turning once, for 8 minutes for medium. Melt the cheese on top of the patties during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, parsley, chives, dill and lots of pepper.
- 4Place the cheeseburgers on the roll bottoms and top each with 2 slices bacon and some watercress. Slather the bun tops with the sour cream sauce and set into place.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Adirondacker Burger
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1006.8
- Calories from Fat 559
- Total Fat 62.1 g
- Saturated Fat 30.3 g
- Cholesterol 254.5 mg
- Sodium 1340.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 72.8 g