Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Rachael Ray.
Make and share this The Adirondacker Burger recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces extra-sharp white cheddar cheese (shredded or sliced)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (a generous handful)
- 1⁄3 cup chives, finely chopped (a generous handful)
- 1⁄3 cup dill, finely chopped (a generous handful)
- 4 crusty kaiser rolls, split
- 1 bunch watercress or 1 bunch arugula, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sirloin, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish; season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties. Heat the bacon fat in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef patties and cook, turning once, for 8 minutes for medium. Melt the cheese on top of the patties during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, parsley, chives, dill and lots of pepper.
- Place the cheeseburgers on the roll bottoms and top each with 2 slices bacon and some watercress. Slather the bun tops with the sour cream sauce and set into place.
Well, this is my second attempt to review this, apparently the other one did not go thru. This is a great burger, we LOVED the sour cream sauce, the horseradish is perfect!! I did not have any dill, I used some Montreal Seasoning. Also, used Iceberg lettuce, slices of red onions and fresh tomatoes from the garden when building the burger. O, also used a yellow xtra sharp cheddar instead of the white. Thanks for posting.
I halved the recipe, but otherwise followed the recipe. Loved the addition of horseradish, the sour cream sauce, and the arugula. DS opted for iceberg lettuce instead of arugula. This is a definite make again burger! Thanks for sharing.
Wonderful burger with great flavors! I only used 4 slices of bacon, which was enough for us, but otherwise made the recipe as written, using baby arugula. All the flavors came through and the sour cream sauce was nice and herb-y. Will definitely make these again!