From Rachael Ray.
Make and share this The Adirondacker Burger recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces extra-sharp white cheddar cheese (shredded or sliced)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (a generous handful)
- 1⁄3 cup chives, finely chopped (a generous handful)
- 1⁄3 cup dill, finely chopped (a generous handful)
- 4 crusty kaiser rolls, split
- 1 bunch watercress or 1 bunch arugula, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sirloin, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish; season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties. Heat the bacon fat in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef patties and cook, turning once, for 8 minutes for medium. Melt the cheese on top of the patties during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, parsley, chives, dill and lots of pepper.
- Place the cheeseburgers on the roll bottoms and top each with 2 slices bacon and some watercress. Slather the bun tops with the sour cream sauce and set into place.