1/7 Photos of The Absolute Best Moist Buttery Blueberry Coffee Cake
This is the best coffee cake, it has a layer of blueberries between two layers of the most wonderful moist buttery cake then topped with a sweet buttery topping --- you could substitute 1 cup sour cream for the cream cheese but the cream cheese is better, also almond extract can be used in place of vanilla --- I serve this cake slightly warm with ice cream and it is even better the next day --- you will love this cake! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (use semi-heaping teaspoonful)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (use semi-heaping teaspoonful)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1Set oven to 350° (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a bowl sift together the first 3 ingredients.
- 4In a small bowl mix together the milk with whipping cream; set aside.
- 5In another bowl cream the butter with sugar and vanilla for about 4 minutes (no sugar granules should remain in the mixture).
- 6Add in eggs and cream cheese; beat until thoroughly blended.
- 7Add in the flour mixture alternately with milk/cream mixture.
- 8Spread HALF of the batter into prepared baking dish, then sprinkle the blueberries over the batter.
- 9Spread the remaining batter over blueberries.
- 10For the topping mix together the sugar with flour and cinnamon (if using) add in softened butter and mix with fingers until blended.
- 11Sprinkle on top of the cake batter.
- 12Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Absolute Best Moist Buttery Blueberry Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.1
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 280.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g