1/5 Photos of The Absolute Best Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Texas Sheet Cake
I have my share of sheet cakes over the years, this one is truly the best I have had--- the frosting recipe to go with this cake is Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing you may of coarse use your own favorite recipe. If you cannot make brewed coffee just use 1 heaping teaspoon of instant coffee granules dissolved in 1 cup boiling water. This makes a huge moist rich deep chocolate cake which makes it great for a potluck or a children's birthday party :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter (cut into pieces, can use half butter and half margarine)
- 1 cup brewed strong coffee (hot or cold)
- 1/4 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip (can use a little more if desired)
- 1Set oven to 350°F (oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 2Line bottom of a 17 x 11-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper.
- 3For the cake; in a saucepan combine the butter with brewed coffee and sifted cocoa powder; bring to a boil then simmer for about 30 seconds, remove from heat then place in a large heat-proof or plastic bowl.
- 4Add in sugar and vanilla whisk until all the sugar granules are dissolved; cool for about 20 minutes.
- 5Whisk in eggs and sour cream together until well blended then add to the chocolate mixture; mix until blended.
- 6In a small bowl mix together flour with baking soda and salt; add to the chocolate batter and mix until combined (batter will be thin).
- 7Mix in chocolate chips.
- 8Pour the batter into prepared jelly-roll pan.
- 9Bake for about 18-20 minutes (watch closely this cake takes very little time to bake!).
- 10Cool cake completely before slicing.
- 11For the frosting; cream the butter in a medium bowl.
- 12Add in desired amount of cocoa powder, vanilla and confectioners sugar and cream; beat using an electric mixer until desired consistancy is achieved (you may need additional cream or confectioners sugar).
- 13Frost cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Absolute Best Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Texas Sheet Cake
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 104.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g