Recipe by Elisciar
Three years of trial and error have led up to this recipe. No one has ever tasted these ribs and not commented how great they are. Since the steaming makes the ribs so tender, the meat will fall off the bone so easily you can eat them with a fork and a knife if you wanted to but I always found them perfect as a casual finger food, great for backyard parties.
- 1 1⁄2 cups loosely pack dark brown sugar
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 3⁄4 can 7-Up soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 chili pepper, crushed (optional)
- 1 cup lea & perrins barbecue sauce
- 3 lbs pork baby back ribs
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except ribs and BBQ Sauce.
- Cut rib racks into 3 or 4 rib segments.
- Store ribs in marinade in refridgerator for 3 days.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Place ribs in a steamer basket in a large covered pot with approx 1 in of water.
- Bring pot to a boil then lower to simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove ribs from pot and coat with BBQ Sauce.
- (The water left over in the pot makes a great stock for soups.) Place coated ribs on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 300 for 15 mins.