1/2 Photos of The Absolute Best Applesauce Spice Muffins With Spice Topping!
This is one of my all time favorite muffin recipes! --- you can substitute one large finely chopped apple for the nuts, increase the spices if desired --- some of the butter can be replaced with more applesauce for a lower fat muffin :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (heaping)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (can use more or less)
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar (can use more)
- 1/2 cup butter (butter is better!) or 1/2 cup margarine, melted (butter is better!)
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/4 cups chopped nuts
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Butter 12 muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- 4For muffins: in a small bowl mix together first 7 dry ingredients.
- 5In another large bowl whisk together eggs and brown sugar until well combined.
- 6Add in melted butter whisking continuously until mixture is creamy.
- 7Stir in applesauce.
- 8Fold in flour mixture until JUST combined.
- 9Stir in nuts.
- 10Divide the batter evenly between muffin tins.
- 11To make the topping: stir together all ingredients then sprinkle over tops of muffin batter.
- 12Bake for about 20-22 minutes, or until muffins test done.
- 13Cool in pan for 5 minutes then remove to a rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Absolute Best Applesauce Spice Muffins With Spice Topping!
Serving Size: 1 (1193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.4
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 327.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g