Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The A&W Teen Burger I scrounged off the Interwebs a long time ago.
- 1⁄4 lb ground chuck
- 1 jumbo hamburger bun with sesame seeds (4-inch diameter)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomatoes, slice thin
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 2 slices pickles
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons kraft original barbecue sauce
- 1 slice American cheese
- salt and pepper
- Mix the mayonnaise and barbecue sauce. This is your secret sauce.
- Microwave your bacon slices 30-45 seconds to crisp, set aside.
- Cook the beef, and toast the buns as directed above.
- Dress your toasted top bun (crown) as follows:.
- secret sauce, spread evenly with a knife, pickles, lettuce, cheese, bacon, tomato.
- Place the cooked beef patty on the dressed crown. Finish with the toasted heel.
- Microwave 10 seconds to warm the bun, and serve.
Sorry you are missing one key thing in this reipe,,, the recipe for the mixture and spices they put into there ground beef. this is the hard part of the recpie and the key to the true taste of a teen or anyone of there bugers
Yum! Once I saw your A&W burger recipes, I just had to have an A&W night! I made this as directed except that I didn't see where there were directions for making the burger patty, so just used my standard one. I also made The A&w Mama Burger and DH and I had 1/2 of each, lol. Really good burger and brought back lots of good memories. Thanks Iowahorse. Made for NKOTB tag.