Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The A&W Mama Burger. Companion to the Papa Burger From the Family Burger line of A&W
- 1⁄4 lb ground chuck
- 1 plain jumbo hamburger bun (4-inch diameter)
- 2 slices pickles
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- salt and pepper
- Mix the ketchup and mustard. This is your secret sauce.
- Cook the beef, and toast the buns as directed above.
- . Dress your toasted top bun (crown) as follows:.
- secret sauce, spread evenly with a knife, pickles.
- Place the cooked beef patty on the dressed crown. Finish with the toasted heel.
- 4. Microwave 10 seconds to warm the bun, and serve.
This sure brought back memories! I haven't seen an A&W for years but used to love their burgers and root beer. Step 2 alludes to some directions that may be missing, so I just made the burger patties my usual way and toasted the buns. Other than that, I made this as directed and we loved it. Thanks Iowahorse. Made for NKOTB tag.