Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A salad ballad. It's a dressing, I'm guessing. Recipe by Rhymin' Simon.
- 2 small potatoes, boiled
- 1 teaspoon mild mustard
- 2 pinches salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 hard-boiled egg yolks, mashed
- 1 small onion, pounded into a paste
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Two boiled potatoes through a kitchen sieve.
- Softness and smoothness to a salad give.
- Of mildest mustard take a single spoon.
- (Distrust the one that bites too soon).
- Yet deem it not, I beg, a fault.
- To add, double, or omit, the salt.
- Four times the spoon with oil of olives crown.
- And twice with vinegar, procured from town.
- True paste requires it, and your poet begs.
- The pounded yellow of two well-boiled eggs.
- Let onions' atoms link within the bowl.
- And, scarce suspected, animate the whole.
- And lastly, in the flavoured compound toss.
- A magic spoonful of anchovy sauce.
- O great and glorious!
- O herbaceous meat!
- T'would tempt the dying anchoret to eat.
- Back to the world he'd turn his weary soul.
- And dip his finger in the salad bowl.
- (Directions version 2. 0: dump everything in a food processor; purée; serve over salad or cooked vegetables).