Recipe by TGirl,RN
Posted in response to a request for an authentic one pound pound cake...this recipe is from a cookbook, dated 1896
Top Review by 583480
Love this recipe we made it with whole wheat flour and Irish whiskey(not big brandy drinkers). The WW flour added such a depth of flavor to the cake. It is now my husbands favorite cake he will take it over brownies and thats saying something.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolks, beat until thick and lemon colored.
- In seperate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add egg whites, mace, flour, and brandy to egg yolk/sugar mixture.
- Beat vigorously for 5 minutes.
- Bake in deep pan at 350 degrees for 75 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.