- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope tomato basil soup mix (Knorr)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups cooked macaroni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In an ovenproof saute pan over medium-high heat, cook (stirring to crumble) the beef until no longer pink; drain and return to pan.
- Add in onion and garlic; stir/saute 3-4 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, soup mix, water, and oregano; lower heat to medium-low; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the macaroni and stir to blend.
- Sprinkle with cheese; place pan under broiler until cheese melts.