Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This stuff is killer...easy and OH SOOOOOO delicious. I made it twice in the first two weeks I've had the recipe!
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 (18 ounce) duncan hines butter recipe cake mix
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- Mix the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together, blending well.
- Spread this mixture in the bottom of a well-greased 13 X 9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the pumpkin mix, breaking up any clumps.
- Add one cup chopped pecans over this mixture and then pour the melted melted butter over the cake mix and pecans.
- Bake 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees until the top is a light golden brown and the middle is set.
- COOL COMPLETELY.
- Once the cake is cooled, in a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended.
- Then mix in the Cool Whip. This mixture will be fairly thick.
- Spread the topping over the cooled cake and sprinkle with the remaining chopped pecans.
- Keep refrigerated.
This was really good. It got great reviews with the family. It is a cross between pumpkin pie and pumpkin cake. More on the pie side. It is really rich but has a great taste. Definetly a holiday dessert. I made it and spooned it into little dessert cups and topped it with the cream topping. It's a keeper and a very unique dessert. Oh, one tip is that you must use unsalted butter. It is way too salty if you don't. Also, I used cool whip for the topping.
NOTE: Don't reate a recipe and less because it is "bad for you" or not healthy. And if you change the measurements and leave out ingredients then don't rate it at all since you are not trying the real recipe.
This was VERY good. I used more whipped cream than called for to lighten up the topping a bit. We loved the richness of this dessert and it was great after a meal cooked on the grill and a long day out in the sun :) It's obviously not as light as a fruit salad or other fruity summer dish, but it worked for us! Will make again. Simple steps and pretty fool-proof directions! Thank you!
If you don't like rich sweet desserts don't eat this! I love them and loved this as did my family!