Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is for the boyfriend, Dan. Whenever I ask him "what do you want for dinner?" He says "that one stuff you made that time" and I never know what recipe he is talking about. Now, when he says "That one stuff" I can just say okay and start cooking!
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1⁄2 large red onion, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 ounces asiago cheese, grated (or parmesan)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if you like heat)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package directions
- salt and pepper
- Sweat garlic and onion in the olive oil for about 4 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes.
- Add broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and veggie broth and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Toss with pasta and cheese.
Excellent pasta dish! Easy to follow recipe, could be very adaptable to other ingredients and the flavor is outstanding! Thanks for sharing this recipe Kari!
Very good vegi pasta dish that we enjoyed. I used red wine and beef bouillion instead of the listed white wine and vegi broth but I don't think it made very much difference in the end result. Thanks Kari for posting this keeper recipe.
Yum! This was a nice way to work some veg in with pasta. I should have made more! I used some canned diced tomatoes I had leftover in place of the grape tomatoes. Also used chicken broth instead of veg broth.