Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
My Sister Suzie, found this recipe in the 80's (or maybe earlier) printed in the Twisp /Methow Valley WA newspaper. I have kept the original clipping all these years in anenvelope in my favorite cookbook. It is truly a special dessert, rich and creamy. I love the sweet, high mountain huckleberries we have in WA and this recipe & huckleberry jam are my favorite ways to prepare them. Time listed includes chilling time. I have also used raspberries & blackberries and it was still wonderful.
- Combine butter with brown sugar.
- Stir in flour & nuts.
- Press into sprayed 13x9 in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 12 - 15 minutes., do not let it brown.
- Cool & Prepare filling.
- Cream together cream cheese & sugar until fluffy.
- In separate bowl whip the cream & add vanilla.
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese & spread over cooled crust.
- Chill at least 4 hours.Prepare topping while this chills.
- Combine sugar & cornstarch in sauce pan.
- Add water & berries.
- Stir & cook over medium heat until thick and clear.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Spread over chilled cream layer.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I was hesitate to make it because of the time involved. My OH My, it is worth all of the time and effort! It is a big hit at work for potlucks and all family gatherings.
I live in NW Montana,we pick alot of huckleberries and store them. I am always on the look out for new recipes. This is #1
Thank you again