We don't really have a name for this all-in-one meal other than, "That hamburger stuff. The one with the squash and spinach." But its a family favorite over bowties, medium shells, rotini, or any other chunky pasta. It goes together quickly and holds well on those busy days when people aren't able to eat at the same time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (or more to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb frozen spinach
- 1 lb frozen yellow squash
- 1 quart spaghetti sauce (I prefer Classico)
- 1 -2 cup ricotta cheese (optional)
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, cooked (or other chunky pasta)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Brown ground beef and onion in the olive oil, seasoning with garlic and oregano to taste.
- 2Add vegetables and cook until hot.
- 3Add spaghetti sauce. Simmer 5 minutes.
- 4Add ricotta, stirring in enough to blend it but not so much that you don't still have those delicious, cheesy lumps. Cover and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- 5Serve over pasta, passing Parmesan at the table if desired.
- 6Note -- This should work well for OAMC if the meat/onion/seasoning mix is prepared then the bags of meat, squash, spinach, and spaghetti sauce are taped together for easy assembly.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for That Hamburger Stuff (Quick, All-In-One Meal)
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.2
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 122.8 mg
- Sodium 395.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 34.6 g