Recipe by mama smurf
Found this recipe a while back on the Crisco website. Fast, easy and delicious...posting it so I don't lose it.
- 1⁄4 cup crisco vegetable oil, divided
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1 Tbls oil over bottom of a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Rinse chicken -- pat dry. I have used some chicken breasts and thighs for the whole chicken.
- Combine onions, cheese, bread crumbs (or panko crumbs), salt and some garlic powder in a bowl. Combine egg and milk in separate bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg and then in crumb mixture to coat,. Place chicken in the prepared pan. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake 1 hour or until juices run clear.
- I have sprayed the chicken with Pam instead of using the oil and it works ok.