- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup caesar-flavor croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and shake well. Chill.
- In a bowl, toss romaine, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, almonds if desired, Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Shake dressing; pour over salad and toss.
- Add croutons and serve immediately.