Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Not a very original name, but you'll see why I started calling it that after you try it. Very simple and no leftovers, EVER!! (Chill time is noted as cook time).
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce, around 1 lb. each
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 of a red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 slices bacon, crisp and crumbled
- Combine lemon juice, garlic, 1/4 cup parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Slowly drizzle in oil while whisking the entire time.
- Chill dressing for a few hours.
- For salad:.
- In a bowl toss together all salad ingredients.
- Whisk dressing and drizzle over salad (may not need all the dressing).
- Sprinkle with croutons and serve immediately.
This salad was easy & quite good. The star of the recipe is the dressing! We loved that. I will be making more of the dressing to keep in the fridge for other salads. Thanks for sharing!
I took this to a dinner party and I was disappointed, although the guests said it was good. Two pounds of Romaine is WAY too much for this light dressing. I made it exactly as stated, but I found it bland. Two pounds is a LOT of lettuce. It looked like the proper amount of lettuce after one pound and I should have stopped there. Also, with that amount of lettuce, it should have had more bacon and onion. I even added a bit of oregano and extra black pepper, and a dash of hot sauce, but it was bland. I think one and a half thin hearts of romaine would be perfect.
I enjoyed this salad very much. I scaled it carefully for a smaller serving, but thought the proportions were just right. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us. I used Favorite Croutons #92923, posted by Jim in Washington, to make the croutons.