Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fresh Green Beans work best in this recipe, but if not available then by all means use frozen or even canned. I used to think that green beans had to be cooked to death swimming in bacon grease like Grandma made but then someone once put a just off the vine green bean in my mouth and I fell in love with the crispness and try to use fresh all the time now. Who knew?
- Rinse and pat dry chicken.
- Cut into either strips or chunks.
- In large skillet melt butter and cook chicken on low heat adding water if needed to continue to cook chicken.
- When chicken is done (juices running clear with no pinkness) toss green beans on top of chicken.
- Shake dressing well and pour over top of green beans covering all and cover tightly and simmer and steam for at least ten minutes.
- If adding tomato do so now and cover again.
- Cook another ten minutes or so until green beans are still crisp but are steamed nicely.
- Check every so often to make sure that your chicken is not burning and add a little water if needed.
- Serve with fresh bread sticks or french bread to get all the lovely juices.
- Cooking times may vary to taste Hope you enjoy!
Made this quite a few times. Super yummy and easy!!! I do season the chicken first. Goes great with mashed potatoes!
This was very easy to make and tasted good. I think the next time that I make it that I will season the chicken while it is cooking. Everyone in my house love it and we have 6 in the family, so it's hard to please everyone. Thanks for posting!!
This was quick and very tasty. I only used about 3/4 of a bottle of dressing (all I had) and used frozen french cut beans. Right before serving I added some freshly grated parm. cheese which thickened the sauce slightly and added a nice flavor. Will make again.