Fresh Green Beans work best in this recipe, but if not available then by all means use frozen or even canned. I used to think that green beans had to be cooked to death swimming in bacon grease like Grandma made but then someone once put a just off the vine green bean in my mouth and I fell in love with the crispness and try to use fresh all the time now. Who knew?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and pat dry chicken.
- 2Cut into either strips or chunks.
- 3In large skillet melt butter and cook chicken on low heat adding water if needed to continue to cook chicken.
- 4When chicken is done (juices running clear with no pinkness) toss green beans on top of chicken.
- 5Shake dressing well and pour over top of green beans covering all and cover tightly and simmer and steam for at least ten minutes.
- 6If adding tomato do so now and cover again.
- 7Cook another ten minutes or so until green beans are still crisp but are steamed nicely.
- 8Check every so often to make sure that your chicken is not burning and add a little water if needed.
- 9Serve with fresh bread sticks or french bread to get all the lovely juices.
- 10Cooking times may vary to taste Hope you enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for That Chicken & Green Bean Thing
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 828.1
- Calories from Fat 666
- Total Fat 74.0 g
- Saturated Fat 31.1 g
- Cholesterol 158.8 mg
- Sodium 2230.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 23.6 g