Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Fresh Green Beans work best in this recipe, but if not available then by all means use frozen or even canned. I used to think that green beans had to be cooked to death swimming in bacon grease like Grandma made but then someone once put a just off the vine green bean in my mouth and I fell in love with the crispness and try to use fresh all the time now. Who knew?
- Rinse and pat dry chicken.
- Cut into either strips or chunks.
- In large skillet melt butter and cook chicken on low heat adding water if needed to continue to cook chicken.
- When chicken is done (juices running clear with no pinkness) toss green beans on top of chicken.
- Shake dressing well and pour over top of green beans covering all and cover tightly and simmer and steam for at least ten minutes.
- If adding tomato do so now and cover again.
- Cook another ten minutes or so until green beans are still crisp but are steamed nicely.
- Check every so often to make sure that your chicken is not burning and add a little water if needed.
- Serve with fresh bread sticks or french bread to get all the lovely juices.
- Cooking times may vary to taste Hope you enjoy!
Made this quite a few times. Super yummy and easy!!! I do season the chicken first. Goes great with mashed potatoes!
This was very easy to make and tasted good. I think the next time that I make it that I will season the chicken while it is cooking. Everyone in my house love it and we have 6 in the family, so it's hard to please everyone. Thanks for posting!!
This was quick and very tasty. I only used about 3/4 of a bottle of dressing (all I had) and used frozen french cut beans. Right before serving I added some freshly grated parm. cheese which thickened the sauce slightly and added a nice flavor. Will make again.