Recipe by xtine
An easy everyday casserole that's a big hit, especially with teenage boys. For OAMC: let cool, cut into individual servings and flash freeze them. When solid pack the servings in vacuum sealed bags and stick them in the freezer. To reheat: Microwave until heated through or can be put in a casserole reheated in the oven at a low temp.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- garlic salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 ounces thin egg noodles
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 6 green onions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced green pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season ground beef with garlic salt and pepper and saute until browned. Add tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook noodles as directed on package and drain.
- Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, green onions and green pepper.
- Spray a casserole dish with Pam, and layer ingredients in the casserole, beginning with noodles, meat sauce, and sour cream mixture, ending with grated cheddar cheese on top.
- cover and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.