1/1 Photo of That Cake! (Aka) Brown Sugar Pudding Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Cookin In Texas's Note:
This Cake is so good. This is the one I talk about on my page. It is quite simple to make but has the texture closer to a bread pudding. The family just loves this and have requested it on many occasions Including a Double layer Bundt cake for a wedding. NOTE: In all my recipes I use (I can't believe it's not butter)spread and it works great and taste great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box moist yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, softened not melted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed firm
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, pure
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, pure
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pecans
- 1preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In large mixing bowl beat eggs till blended, while mixer is still going add margarine, water, pudding mix and blend well about 1 minute.
- 3After this is done add cake mix beat on medium speed till well blended.
- 4Stop mixer then add brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon, restart mixer and add your extracts, mix well.
- 5Add the 3 Tbsp water blend, then fold in your pecans.
- 6Batter should be thick but will still pour slowly out of the bowl.
- 7Spray Bundt pan Well with floured baking spray, Pour batter evenly into Bundt pan.
- 8Place Bundt pan onto center rack and bake 55-60 minutes, or until cake springs back when pressed.
- 9IMPORTANT: *Do not open oven door until your baking time is almost up.(I know it's hard)But opening the oven to early on Bundt cakes cause them to drop.*.
- 10When done remove pan from oven and set on wire rack for 5 minutes just long enough for pan to cool a little.
- 11Next move the pan into the freezer for 20 minutes.
- 12After 20 minutes remove the cake and pan from the freezer and invert it onto a cake plate. and start your glaze.
- 14In a sauce pan combine sugar, milk and butter.
- 15Cook over medium high heat stirring constantly, Mixture will start to boil.
- 16Boil mixture for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- 17After 3 minutes remove from heat then add the vanilla and stir, keep stirring until glaze just begins to thicken.
- 18Drizzle the amount of Carmel glaze you want over cake.
- 19After cake and glaze have totally cooled sprinkle a lite dusting of powdered sugar over entire cake just before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for That Cake! (Aka) Brown Sugar Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.9
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 88.1 mg
- Sodium 653.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 67.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g