Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a veggie tray arranged to look like a turkey. I got the idea from someone else on this site. I made mine a little simpler. You can use any veggies you want. I am listing the ingredients that I used. I used a big serving tray, so you can edit the amount of veggies you use to the size of your tray. Even if it doesn't look like a turkey to some people, it is still arranged nicely. The ounces are just guesses because I already threw out the cans.
- 2 green peppers, sliced in thin strips
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) bag celery, cut in short strips
- 1 (32 ounce) jar baby dill pickles
- 1 (16 ounce) jar green olives
- 1 (16 ounce) can black olives
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 pint vegetable dip
- Put the container of veggie dip on the bottom of the tray. This will be the head.
- Arrange the green pepper strips along the outer edge of the serving tray, but don't cover the bottom.
- Then add each layer of veggies, overlapping the previous layer. Don't cover the bottom of the tray. These first layers of veggies are supposed to look like the turkey's back feathers. Carrots, then celery, then baby pickles.
- Put the tomatoes on one side of the dip, and a few on the top of the dip. Then arrange the olives to be the rest of the turkey neck.
- Put a few pimentos from the olives on the dip to look like eyes. I used a piece of green olive to look like the beak.
Cute idea! I made a small one with some veggies we had in the fridge. Perfect for a potluck!
Easy & adorable. I utilized ingredients already on hand & made a small version. Thanks for sharing a cute idea!