What to do with those leftovers? Here is what I did today being 2 days after Thanksgiving 2009. Results were fantastic and all eaten up! The key is to use your leftover ingredients and cans of food you did not use that were brought to prepare the feast. For me that was evaporated milk and chicken broth. Use what you have for vegetables. If I had yams, I would have definatly used that for a topping too.
- Put margarine or butter in non stick skillet and melt. Add flour and whisk till smooth. Add onion and saute. Add broth and milk and bring to a bubble. Add vegetables, turkey, salt and pepper to the skillet mixture.
- Take mixture and transfer to a large pie or small casserole dish.
- Add mashed potatoes to either a large gallon size baggie, cut edge of one end to create a tip or to a pastry bag and use a nice large sized tip.
- Squeeze out the mashed potatoes onto the top of mixture creating small tear drops all across the entire top.
- Put dish in oven on broil. Take out once the tips of the potatoes are browned.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.