Recipe by Kevin McGinley
Ma's Thanksgiving day recipe.
Top Review by brook2
I love this stuffing....I've used it for years. The only variation I do, is that I throw some whole fresh crans, and some chopped up apple and or pears into the mixture....it's awesome (and the best part.....NO "jiblets" yick.)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 loaves bread, torn up in small pieces
- 2 cups celery, chopped with celery leaves
- 2 cups onions or 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, diced
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 -10 eggs, beaten with some milk added (start with 8 and add if needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute celery, onion& parsley in butter& chicken broth in a frying pan until soft.
- Add seasonings to torn up bread.
- Add celery, onion& parsley mixture to bread.
- Add beaten eggs& milk mixture to bread.
- Mix well.
- Bread should be moist enough to hold together well.
- Adjust with more eggs or milk.
- Put stuffing in turkey and pack fairly tight- do not stuff turkey until you are ready to put in the oven.
- Stuffing can be made the day before& stored in the fridge.