Recipe by Tasses
My entire family LOVES this soup. Years of trial and error have gotten me to this recipe. I make it EVERY Thanksgiving evening so I can Black Friday shop without worrying about what everyone's eating. My college bound kids always take a vat of the soup back to their dorms.
- 4 cups chopped turkey
- 1 large head cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups success long grain rice
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canspetite cut tomatoes
- 2 (11 ounce) cansgreen giant super sweet corn
- 5 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can turkey broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove leftover turkey from bone. (Best to use meat close to the bone & mix white and dark).
- Prepare rice according to package directions (we like boil in a bag).
- Finely chop cabbage (as if making slaw).
- In a very large stock pot combine tomatoes (do not drain), corn (do not drain), cabbage and broths.
- Add rice and turkey.
- Salt and pepper to personal taste (we like it a bit peppery).
- Heat soup on medium high to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium until boil slows to simmer.
- Simmer on medium for 30 minutes.
- Serve with buttered saltines.