My entire family LOVES this soup. Years of trial and error have gotten me to this recipe. I make it EVERY Thanksgiving evening so I can Black Friday shop without worrying about what everyone's eating. My college bound kids always take a vat of the soup back to their dorms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove leftover turkey from bone. (Best to use meat close to the bone & mix white and dark).
- 2Prepare rice according to package directions (we like boil in a bag).
- 3Finely chop cabbage (as if making slaw).
- 4In a very large stock pot combine tomatoes (do not drain), corn (do not drain), cabbage and broths.
- 5Add rice and turkey.
- 6Salt and pepper to personal taste (we like it a bit peppery).
- 7Heat soup on medium high to boiling.
- 8Reduce heat to medium until boil slows to simmer.
- 9Simmer on medium for 30 minutes.
- 10Serve with buttered saltines.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thanksgiving Turkey Soup
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 729.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: