Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution: Volume 2’ by ATK;
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 2 lbs boneless skinless turkey thighs, trimmed
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Microwave carrots, oil, and sage in bowl, stirring occasionally, until carrots are softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in broth and tapioca.
- Season turkey with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until turkey is tender, 4-5 hours on LOW.
- Transfer turkey to cutting board; let cool slightly, then shred into bite-size pieces.
- Combine stuffing mix, boiling water, and cranberries in bowl and let sit, stirring occasionally, until stuffing is completely softened, about 5 minutes.
- Gently stir shredded turkey and cream into slow cooker and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- **Adjust filling consistency with extra hot broth as needed.
- Spoon stuffing mixture over turkey filling and smooth into even layer.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until stuffing is heated through, 20-30 minutes; serve.