Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Originally, this recipe was for turkey breasts, but I use it for roasting a whole bird. The combination of all of the fresh vegetables and the lemon juice (we have a lemon tree outside) makes this amazing every time
- Baste turkey in 1/2 of all of the ingredients, and cover the pan.
- Cook on high (250 C) for one hour.
- Remove the cover, and lower the temperature to 180°C Add the remaining sauce. Cook until done, basting occasionally.
- Use the formula below for an unstuffed turkey:.
- * 4-6 kilos - 2 3/4 - 3 hours.
- * 6-7 kilos - 3 - 3 3/4 hours.
- * 7-9 kilos - 3 3/4 - 4 1/4 hours.
- * 9-10 kilos - 4 1/4 - 4 1/2 hours.
- * 10-12 kilos - 4 1/2 - 5 hours.