Enjoy the flavors of TG in every bite of these yummy Thanksgiving Turkey Burgers! The creamy cranberry-mayonnaise is wonderful; if you desire a spicier/hotter version mix in a spoonful of chopped chipotle peppers to the sauce (adjust amount to your taste). Great!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup prepared stuffing
- 1⁄3 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (or Wensleydale cheese with cranberries, if available)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- fresh lettuce, to serve
- 4 fresh baked hamburger buns, warmed
- In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, prepared stuffing, cheese, dried cranberries, and egg (add salt and pepper, if needed). Mix thoroughly.
- Divide into four equal portions, and shape into four patties.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mustard, mayonnaise and cranberry sauce.
- Spread some cranberry mayonnaise mixture on the inside of the warmed buns.
- Assemble your burgers with the lettuce and top patties with additional cran-mayo, as desired.
- Enjoy! Goes nicely with a side salad or veggies and sweet-potato fries.
These were very good. This is a great way to use up extra or leftover stuffing. The cranberry mayo really made the burger. I used lots of cheddar cheese in the patty so didn't add any extra toppings. Delicious!
I loved this! What a great change from regular beef burgers. The flavor was great, I made just as recipe said. Really liked the cranberry/mayo sauce too. I made it with sweet potato fries baked in oven. Thank you for this recipe, I will be making this again