Recipe by Aroostook
Last year I used my method of making turkey/chicken stuffing and used the pre-made packaged mix. My family never knew the difference. Easy and quick with that homemade taste.
Top Review by Melany *
tasted really good, and i am not a stuffing lover. this was my thanksgiving stuffing. i did find that i had to take the tin foil off and bake it an extra 5 minutes to make it less soggy.
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (I use Bell's)
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups turkey broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- hot water
- 2 (6 ounce) packagesstove top-style seasoned stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and celery in butter.
- Sprinkle with poultry seasoning.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Toss this mixture into your favorite dry stuffing mix.
- Heat broth and set aside.
- Read directions on your favorite stuffing mix box.
- Add enough hot water to the broth to make up the required liquid needed.
- (Omit butter the recipe calls for as it was already used to saute vegetables.)
- Pour over stuffing/vegetables mixture and mix well.
- Stuff your chicken or turkey. For a side dish place stuffing in a baking dish; cover and bake for 15 to 25 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.