Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
I've been eating this every Thanksgiving since I was little. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it. Make this the night before you're going to use it to let all the flavors blend. I boil the turkey liver in chicken stock for extra flavor
- 1 large onion
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 medium apple
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 turkey liver (cooked & chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- sage (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 eggs
- Soak bread in water until soft. Squeeze out ALL the water you can with your hands. When finished, place bread in large bowl and set aside.
- Dice onion and celery.
- Peel, core, dice apple.
- Simmer onions and celery in one stick of butter until onions are translucent.
- Add pork, liver, apple, and parsley. Simmer until brown.
- Add meat mixture to bowl containing the bread. Add salt, pepper and sage to taste.
- Mix and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Place in 9x13 casserole dish, and bake @ 375 for 30-40 minutes until the top begins to brown.
It ROCKS with the ground pork and turkey livers...us Eastern European background people are weird though right?!