Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another way to use up those Thanksgiving leftovers.
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed (or corn, or sliced carrots or any mixture of leftover or frozen vegetables)
- 4 cups leftover prepared stuffing
- 4 cups leftover turkey, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (or mashed white potatoes)
- leftover gravy
- cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 1-quart ceramic baking dish. Line the bottom of the dish with a layer of peas, and then a layer of stuffing, and then the turkey. Top with the mashed sweet potatoes (or mashed white potatoes.) Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover, and place under the broiler for about 3 to 5 minutes (watch carefully) until the top is crispy and golden, if desired.
- Serve with leftover gravy and cranberry sauce.
This was pretty good. Used leftovers from Christmas. Changed some. Used shredded turkey and gravy on bottom of casserole dish. Then a can of green beans, chunks of stuffing topped with mashed potatoes. Added a little bit of cheddar cheese on top. No leftovers of the leftovers. :)