Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice and easy recipe that pleases. Has a taste of sweet and tart that compliments the salmon. Great way to use leftover cranberry sauce after the holidays. I love to use a flavored cranberry sauce with orange or raspberry with this recipe as well.
- In a bowl combine cranberry sauce, dijon, and shallots.
- Stir until well to combine. Set aside.
- Lay out salmon fillets, in a greased broiling pan,in a single layer.
- Rub salmon with olive oil, lemon juice, parsley salt and pepper.
- Broil salmon in oven for 7 minutes. (about 8 inches from heat source).
- Remove salmon from oven, spread with cranberry sauce mixture, over top of each fillet. Make sure layer of sauce is fairly even.
- Place salmon back in oven and broil for another 5-7minutes. Until salmon is done and topping is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve.
I live in the PNW and recently acquired fresh salmon from my friend who pulled it from the Columbia. I wanted to try a more festive recipe for Thanksgiving with my family from the South so I thought I would try this before we all got together. It was amazing!! A spectacular complement to the salmon and kept the salmon moist and tender. Great recipe!
rocked our Thanksgiving menu alongside the turkey!