Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
After a big holiday meal you always have a ton of food left over. That's why I created this little easy one dish meal. It's a filling and comforting way to get through those leftovers in a hurry (much better than sandwiches, in my humbel opinion). Measurments are not exact because it all depends on how much of each ingredient you have and thus the size of your casserole dish. Just remember to put a lid on it when you bake it, and a pan under to catch possible drips.
- 2 cups bread prepared stuffing ('stove top' of leftover)
- 2 cups chopped leftover turkey or 2 cups chicken
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, and corn work best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups gravy
- spread mashed potatoes over the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Spread vegetables over mashed potatoes.
- Spread turkey or chicken on veggies, season as desired.
- Heat gravy if cold to pour evenly over turkey layer.
- Top with stuffing.
- Bake at 450 for 20 minutes or until gravy starts bubbling out around stuffing.
- Remove from oven and let set for ten minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.