Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Fattening – sinful and scrumptious! (scale down if not making these for a crowd Everytime I make these they turn out a little different depending on the Potatoes. So gauge the consistency as you go – if too thick, add a little milk – you don’t want them to be like paste.
- 10 lbs potatoes
- 1 lb butter, -soft
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 32 ounces large sour cream
- salt & pepper
- Peel, quarter and boil potatoes.
- Divide the following into 3 batches and.
- mix with the electric mixer. ( If you try to do this in 2 batches, you will have a mess – ask me how I know).
- Combine the batches and mix together in a huge baking pan or in two 8 x 13” pans.
- I sprinkle the top with parsley and/or paprika to make it look pretty.
- Cover and refrigerate. Before baking – remove from refrig an hour or more ahead of time or allow extra time to bake. Warm with foil removed at 350 for at least 1 hour or until heated through, depends on how cold it was to begin with.
- Enjoy and don’t think about all the calories – there’s always “tomorrow”.
I use this recipie, but boil potatoes with garlic...try it!
Wonderful! I had a recipe like this from my Aunt called Party Potatoes and lost it. I'm thrilled to have it back as she recently passed away.