Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Sunset, November 2003. A beautiful & simple potato presentation!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (3/4 stick)
- 8 russet baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 16 leaves flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450. Pour butter into a large shallow baking pan about 1" deep and tilt to coat bottom completely. Working with 1 potato at a time, cut potato in half, lengthwise. Do not peel.
- Press and center a single parsley leaf on cut side of each potato half and season lightly with salt. (The starch in the potato will adhere the leaf rather like glue.).
- Put potatoes, cut sides down, into the butter in baking pan and roast (do not turn over) until undersides are golden and potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Potatoes can be kept warm with cut sides up for about 30 minutes (loosley cover with foil.).
- Of course, recipe can be easily altered for any number of servings.