Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is something I created as a teenager and I always do the day after Thanksgiving, when all the leftovers are twice as good because they've sat all night and really got the chance to soak up all the flavors! I hope this becomes a post-Thanksgiving tradition at your house too.
- 1 slice turkey breast (a thick slice of REAL turkey breast, not that store bought stuff!)
- 2 -3 tablespoons cranberry sauce (or 1-2 slices of canned cranberry sauce)
- 2 -3 tablespoons prepared stuffing
- 1 hawaiian roll (Hawaiian sweet rolls, the huge ones)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Split the Hawaiian sweet roll (or you can use a potato bread roll which is equally delicious) and spread each side with mayonnaise to your liking (the more, the merrier for me!).
- Take a big slice of turkey breast right off the bone and lay it down on one half of the roll. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spread stuffing on top of the turkey, then add fresh whole berry cranberry sauce/sliced canned cranberry sauce.
- Put the top piece of bread on the sandwich and go to Thanksgiving heaven on a roll! (also tastes good hot if you microwave it for about 45 seconds on high).
WOW! -Ditto! My brother and I always did this (sometimes even on Thanksgiving day! -Later for seconds, thirds, whatever we were on..ha!) We tried it with cream cheese and even gravy - enough just to give it moisture. YUM! I can almost taste it. Yikes, diet here I come! Thanks for the memories Krystal!
Always! I never thought anyone liked it as much as I. I to use butter. great eating!! Almost better than the original dinner LOL
This was always a staple in our house after Thanksgiving. The only thing we did differently was to use butter instead of the mayo. Didn't think there was anyone else out there who would have enjoyed this really delicious sandwich. Thanks for the memories.