Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A nice side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 3 large sweet potatoes or 3 large yams
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 -8 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Peel and quarter sweet potatoes lengthwise. Place in greased 12x9 glass dish.
- Top with butter and brown sugar. Bake at 400º for 30 minutes.
- Add cranberries and raisins, reducing heat to 350º. Continue baking for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Top with coarsely chopped pecans if desired.
This dish was great! I made it for our Thanksgiving and everyone really enjoyed it. Thank you for the recipe :)
This was a huge hit. My family loved it. My hubby even liked it and he doesn't like cranberries! It was even better leftover. I put it all on the stove in a pot and kind of mashed it together. That really helped the flavors mingle a bit better. We will definitely be making this again. Thank you so much for sharing.
This dish was beautiful, I'll be posting a picture as soon as I find the wire to my camera. It was a big hit, my dad couldn't stop talking about how good it tasted.