Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from several recipes to get really creamy mashed potatoes thanks to some cream cheese.
Make and share this Thanksgiving Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel and cut potatoes into large cubes and boil in salted water until tender (25-30 min).
- When finished, drain potatoes and put back into pot.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, then stir in sour cream and onion salt.
- Heat milk and butter in small sauce pan until butter is melted.
- Add warm mixture to potatoes and mash with masher until smooth.
- Fold in sour cream/cream cheese mixture and 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese (if they seem too thick, add more milk or butter until it is the desired consistency).
- Spoon into casserole dish or 9x13 pan.
- Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 35-45 minute.
- Sprinkle top with remaining parmesan cheese after 15-20 minute.