Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from several recipes to get really creamy mashed potatoes thanks to some cream cheese.
Make and share this Thanksgiving Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and cut potatoes into large cubes and boil in salted water until tender (25-30 min).
- When finished, drain potatoes and put back into pot.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, then stir in sour cream and onion salt.
- Heat milk and butter in small sauce pan until butter is melted.
- Add warm mixture to potatoes and mash with masher until smooth.
- Fold in sour cream/cream cheese mixture and 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese (if they seem too thick, add more milk or butter until it is the desired consistency).
- Spoon into casserole dish or 9x13 pan.
- Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 35-45 minute.
- Sprinkle top with remaining parmesan cheese after 15-20 minute.