Prep 48 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Everyone at my Thanksgiving table typically likes their mashed potatoes one special way or another and none of them seem to like the same thing. One person does not like milk in mashed potatoes another only likes them with cheese, another likes them smooth another likes them chunky. Finally I came up with this recipe and they got rave reviews from everyone!
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lb garlic clove, peeled
- The day before dice potatoes. Place them in a bowl with salted cold water and place in the refridgerator overnight.
- In an oven safe pan saute olive oil and whole garlic cloves for ten minutes. Season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven at 350 degrees for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and puree garlic and olive oil in blender. Adjust seasonings as needed. (This can also be done one or two days ahead).
- The day of your meal drain the diced potatoes and place in fresh cold water with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook till tender (10 minutes).
- Mash with a potato masher. Add enough broth to achieve desired consistancy and fold in butter, garlic paste and cheese. Season to salt and pepper to taste.