1/1 Photo of Thanksgiving Leftovers-Turkey Noodle Casserole
This has been a tradition with our family for many years to make with leftover turkey for Thanksgiving or you can use anytime and use chicken instead. When I originally got this recipe I felt that the sauce ingredients were not enough and always double the sauce. So if you find that the sauce is too much then just cut the ingredients in half, which is the original recipe! Also, I have never used the minced pimiento. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced pimiento (optional)
- 2 -3 cups bite-sized cooked turkey or 2 -3 cups chicken meat
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked by pkg. directions and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, cooked by pkg. directions and drained
- 1 cup soft white bread crumbs mixed with 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2For sauce melt butter in a large saucepan over moderate heat and blend in flour using a whisk; slowly whisk in broth and milk, add bouillon cubes, salt and pepper, and heat, stirring until mixture thickens, using your whisk.
- 3Remove from heat, mix in all remaining ingredients except topping, in an extra large bowl.
- 4Spoon into a buttered 13x9 dish or a buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- 5Sprinkle top with topping mix and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 6If desired top with chow mein noodles instead of topping. Scatter over casserole for last 5 minutes of baking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thanksgiving Leftovers-Turkey Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 845.4
- Calories from Fat 493
- Total Fat 54.8 g
- Saturated Fat 32.6 g
- Cholesterol 216.9 mg
- Sodium 1662.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 29.6 g