This is a great panzanella bread salad using up those leftover pieces of turkey meat, rolls, and cranberries. Alternately, you could use Texas Toast croutons (from the store) or toast up some of the leftover rolls instead of using Italian bread. Thanks to the Taste Of Home folks for a great way to make the day after Thanksgiving as tasty as the Big Dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups cubed Italian bread (stale, day old)
The First Part
- 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce (or chutney)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, peeled, cut in wedges
The Second Part
- 2 teaspoons thyme (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
The Last Part
- 1Preheat oven to 250*.
- 2Place bread cubes on 15x10 pan; bake for 12-15 minutes (lightly browned); pour into a large bowl; set aside.
- 3Increase oven temp to 400*.
- 4Combine The First Part ingredients, tossing the taters and onion to coat. Scatter over the used pan, bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring one time.
- 5Combine the Second Part ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- 6Add the roasted veggies, meat and parsley to the bread cubes; toss then drizzle dressing in small bowl, toss to coat again.
- 7Sprinkle with cranberries and nuts.
- 8Set bowl on the table and holler: "Come and get it!".
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thanksgiving Leftovers: Harvest Turkey Bread Salad
Serving Size: 1 (611 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.4
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 594.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: