Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My favorite way to eat turkey the day after all that heavy food! If you want a more filling meal, try pairing it with "Country Style" Onion Soup ("country Style" Onion Soup.)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and well drained, any bad spots removed
- 2 -3 cups cold diced or shredded cooked turkey
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup bottled caesar salad dressing (Use a strong, rich, garlicky brand to hold up to the turkey( I prefer Brianna's Asiago Caesar)
- 1⁄2 cup large-cut garlic and cheese flavored croutons, I prefer T. Marzetti's or 1⁄2 cup prepared stuffing, crumbled and toasted until dry and crunchy
- 1⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Holding head of lettuce firmly together, slice across the head every 1/2 inch to get nice slices of lettuce. Stop when you get to the tough bottom part. Discard bottom and put sliced lettuce in large bowl.
- Toss with diced or shredded turkey.
- Add dressing and toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle with croutons or toasted dressing bits and cranberries, if desired. Toss again.
- Add cheese, if desired.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.